Bellingham Ob/Gyn is devoted to specialized women’s health care from adolescence through the post-menopausal years. We are trained to assess and treat a full spectrum of women’s health care concerns from routine gynecologic health maintenance and education to complex genitourinary issues. Additionally, we are all highly-skilled laparoscopic surgeons able to offer minimally invasive surgery as well as traditional surgical procedures. When scheduled for a gynecologic appointment, if you have small children, please find alternative childcare.
- Routine annual exam and pap smear screening
- Management of abnormal pap smears
- Evaluation of breast disorders
- Contraception including diaphragm fitting, IUDs, and permanent sterilization procedures
- Abnormal bleeding and Endometrial ablation
- Minimally invasive hysterectomy
- Pelvic pain
- Premenstrual Syndrome
- Vaginal infections including sexually transmitted diseases
- Pelvic prolapse
- Bladder problems and Urinary incontinence
- Post-menopausal bleeding
- Infertility evaluation and treatment
- Cancer screening including assessing for risk of inherited cancer
- Follow up pelvic ultrasounds
For general women’s health articles
please visit: ACOG
Billing and Insurance
Our office is committed to providing quality and cost-effective healthcare to our patients. In today’s insurance environment it is essential that you understand which services and procedures are covered by your insurance plan and obtain any necessary authorizations or referrals prior to your appointment with us. It is your responsibility to understand the limits and restrictions affecting coverage for services provided by our specialty. Please review the following information in order to better understand our policies regarding payment for services.
Insurance reimbursement is a contract between you and your insurance company. As a courtesy to you we will file all primary and secondary claims for you. We require a current copy of your insurance card in order to do this and will need to be informed of any change in insurance status. You will be responsible for all co-pays, deductibles, and co-insurance amounts not covered by a secondary insurance policy along with the entire amount of any non-covered service. We are contracted with the following insurance carriers and are required to collect your co-payment at the time of service:
Contracted Insurance Companies:
- Apple Health – (also known as Provider One)
- Community Health Plan – (Healthy Options only)
- First Choice
- Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington (formly known as Group Health)
- Molina Healthcare – (Healthy Options only)
- Premera Blue Cross
- Regence Blueshield
- United Healthcare
- United Health Care Community Health Plan
- Medicare **Medicare does not cover Annual exams. We recommend that patients with Medicare, visit their primary care provider (PCP) if this type of appointment is needed. There is an out of pocket cost for any patients with Medicare requesting an Annual exam.
We currently do not accept Amerigroup.
We appreciate payment for services at the time they are rendered. For your convenience, we accept cash, personal checks, Visa, Discover, American Express and MasterCard. We also realize that healthcare is sometimes an unplanned event, so we will attempt to accommodate your personal needs as circumstances require. In order to best meet your needs, please call our business office at 360-671-4944 with any questions you may have regarding our financial policy.
All women age 18 or older need annual gynecologic examinations, including a pelvic examination, as do sexually active adolescents younger than age 18. The well-woman visit is a key part of preventive care; it includes a discussion of the patient’s health history and reproductive health care needs, a physical examination, including a weight and blood pressure check, a clinical breast examination, and various tests depending on a woman’s age and risk factors for disease. Most insurance plans now provide 100% coverage for preventive services. Keep in mind there may be lab tests ordered that do not fall within the preventative guidelines of your insurance plan. It is important that you know which lab tests are allowed with a preventative exam.
Patients who do not have insurance coverage (or proof of coverage) or who choose to pay for non-covered services are expected to pay in full at the time of service. If you cannot pay the full amount then you must make satisfactory payment arrangements with our business office prior to receiving services. Bellingham OB/GYN only accepts payment in United States Funds.
OB Benefits and Billing Policies
Our obstetrical fee covers the services included in a standard vaginal delivery or cesarean section. Additional services may be required and billed during your pregnancy and delivery. In addition to the obstetrician’s bill, you may receive bills from the laboratory, hospital, anesthesiologist, radiologist and pediatrician. As a courtesy to you, we will contact your insurance company to obtain an estimate on your benefits. Remember that this is an estimate only, based on proposed services and information supplied by your insurance carrier. We offer a payment plan that we refer to as an OB Prepay. For your convenience, if you choose to participate in our OB Prepayment plan, we request it be paid by your 35th week of pregnancy. Please notify our business office immediately if your insurance changes during your pregnancy. If you do not have insurance we require a deposit, please contact our business office for further details prior to scheduling your first appointment.
Our business office looks forward to assisting you in any way possible; you may contact us at 360-671-4944. Bellingham OB/GYN only accepts United States Funds, payment made in any other countries funds will be returned. If you have an address change, please notify our office as soon as possible.
Effective September 1, 2018, any stop payment fees on refund checks will be forwarded to the amount in the amount of $35.
As of January 1, 2017, if you require surgery a surgical deposit will be required. Please call them at 360-671-4944 with any questions you may have regarding our financial policy and procedures.
Before Your Appointment
- Have you signed up for Patient Portal? Bellingham OB/GYN partners with you in your healthcare needs. In order to provide you with all information regarding your upcoming appointments, appointment summaries, lab results, general information about your diagnosis’ and much, we recommend you register for our Patient Portal today.
- Do you have insurance? If so, bring your insurance card (see “Insurance” below). If not, please plan to pay at time of service or call to set up a payment plan.
Do you need to make a co-payment? We request that you be prepared to make a co-payment at the time of your appointment. To make it easier, we accept cash, personal checks, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- Do you need a referral from your primary care provider? Many managed care plans require referrals. If so, please bring your written copy of the referral. Check to see that it has not expired and what health concerns are listed. Referrals are unfortunately limited to those conditions. If you have other concerns, they must be listed on the referral for us to address them.
- Are you on any current medications? To avoid drug interactions, please bring the names and dosages of any prescription medications that you are currently taking.
Please allow 72 hours for processing ALL prescription refills, including pain medications. If you are a patient who has not been seen for over a year, we may request you make an appointment prior to requesting your refill. Our “On Call” physicians will not be refilling any medications outside of normal business hours. We thank you for your understanding.